Dear Dog Owners

Why do you want me to kill your precious little pooch? What's that, you don't want me to kill your precious little pooch?! Well, then why do you let your precious little pooch run around the entire neighborhood without its leash on all day and all night? I love dogs and I have no interest in experiencing the horror of running one over with my car, but you seem to want me to experience that horror every time you let your dog out of your house without its leash on.

I can't tell you how many times I've been driving down the street and your precious little pooch comes running out in front of my car and you are nowhere to be found. Why do you do this? Would you let your child play on the freeway unattended? I'm guessing no. So why do you think it's okay to let your dog do the same?

I know you think your dog is like your child and it has the sense enough to know not to run in front of cars in the street, but that's not the case. Newsflash...dogs are stupid, even the really smart ones who do tricks and bring in the morning paper. They don't look both ways, they don't cross at the crosswalk, and they don't understand that a tire running over their head will kill them!

So please, dear dog owner, keep your dog on a leash when it's outside because I don't want to have to scrape it up off the road with a shovel in front of your children. Oh, and while I'm at it, don't tie your dog to a tree and leave it outside all alone either because that's animal abuse and I'll call animal control on your ass in a hot second if I see that as well!

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Good day to you my friend. I needed to give you a quick note to express my thanks. I've been studying your blog for a month or so and have picked up quite a lot of good info as well as enjoyed the way in which you've setup your blog. I am attempting to setup my own blog but I feel it is too general. I want to focus more on specific topics. Being all things to all folks isn't all that it’s cracked up to be. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have spent well over $1000 trying to keep my 13yr old Australian Shepherd mix in our fence. He knows that digging will get him in trouble but he does it anyway. The neighbor has a new puppy who he's hell bent on making her his new conquest. Another notch in the ole leash. We've finally had to resort to being "cruel" as one neighbor informed us that we're doing by keeping him chained to a stake in the ground. At 13 this dog can scale a 6ft fence! We've put all kinds of things in the holes these dogs have dug to deter them from digging. I've given them toys too. Not interested. We have 3 dogs total, all rescue dogs. πŸ•πŸΆπŸ© All 3 are partners in crime and follow the neighbors 4 dogs when they escape. People have to work! We're not at the age of retirement! My husband can't come home every time my fool dogs decide to go exploring. I'm sure your neighbors are in a similar situation with their dogs. We've had countless neighbors hang on to them for us until my husband comes home from work. I'm disabled and can't walk 10ft w/o falling. That fool dog pulls me to the ground I can't even walk him! He was the runt of the litter and I always feel like I have to give the underdog a chance. So he became ours. That dog has zero fat and being 13 doesn't phase him one bit! He acts like he's a 3yr old puppy like our youngest. I got a house for my 40th Bday (we saved and the market was right on time) and the puppy came with the house (new house, new dog too). Only instead of loving and being a companion for me during the day, she took a shine to my frickin HUSBAND! Gee some Bday present! So I told my husband the next dog was going to be a tea cup size male that would be too small to stay outside all day for the reasons stated in your letter. It's been 3 years and I've yet to see said dog πŸ˜‚ Those little dogs cost $1000 and up! People are CRAZY! My kids were $35. That's the cost of their first shots. I think I'm going to watch the kennels and see if they will get a small dog somewhere. No worries. I will not be leaving it outside for you to run it over w/o a leash on. Not even in those 100 degree days in August we are so famous for having!

    ReplyDelete